Did you know the estimated number of new cancer cases diagnosed in Australia just in 2019 will be 144,713 (Source: Cancer Australia)
By being part of Tour de Choices 2019 Charity Ride, you will be helping to raise funds and awareness for the interdisciplinary team from The Wesley Hospital and Choices. Choices provides a blend of clinical expertise, specialist peer support, complementary therapies, education and awareness to comprehensively support people with cancer, their family and friends.
When is the ride?
Saturday 5th October to Monday 7th October 2019 (October long weekend)
What is the cost?
Registration fee is $500. Included in the registration is:
- Tour de Choices jersey
- 2 night’s accommodation (twin share, extra for single occupancy)
- Ride insurance, plus snacks at each ride stop (thanks to Rapid Relief Team and Rotary!)
- Dinner on Sunday evening
Registrations close Friday 30 August, so don’t delay – register today! REGISTER NOW
How do I register?
- Go to Tour de Choices, then click on ‘Register Now’ and complete your registration form. One of the Tour de Choices team will contact you to provide you with important paperwork, other key details regarding your registration, and to answer any questions you may have.
Where are we riding?
Day 1 – Saturday 5th October
Depart Choices at The Wesley Hospital at 6.00am and ride to Nerang (92 kms) – arriving approx. 12:30/1:00pm
Day 2 – Sunday 6th October
Will see us pedalling around what we are calling the NSW loop: Nerang through the Currumbin Valley and back to Nerang (116 kms)
Formal dinner with your fellow riders in the evening (included in registration cost)
Day 3 – Monday 7th October
Final day, where we head back to Brisbane – arriving Choices at The Wesley Hospital approx. 1.00pm (92 kms)
Who should take part?
Anyone who is either new to cycling or an experienced cyclist!
Can you ride a Uni Loop? Can you ride a River Loop? If you answered YES to both these questions, then join us for the Tour de Choices Charity Ride. We will have regular stops and the most kms to ride between each stop will be 30 kms (about a riverloop)
What’s not included?
- Saturday evening dinner
- Third party
personal injury insurance either through becoming a member of Bicycle Queensland and/or Cycle Australia
- Bicycle Queensland are offering anyone who rides with Tour de Choices a free gift – by signing up to become a BQ member. Add the code ‘TOURDECHOICES’ to claim your free cycling gift
- We encourage you to actively fundraise a minimum of $500 for Tour de Choices by sharing details of the ride and worthy cause of this charity with your family, friends or co-workers.
Why are we doing this?
To raise $30,000 and awareness for The Wesley Hospital Choices Cancer Support Centre. This in turn will help Choices staff to support more cancer patients (past and present) and their families, not only in Brisbane at The Wesley, but in regional areas also.